Suitable for presenting theory on a variety of topics: information on teamwork, guidance on choosing construction materials, instructions on how to use software, and more.
Presentations are "long-lived monsters." You can easily change or refresh materials in them. As long as the training is in the start-up phase, an easy and accessible format is convenient. Presentations are ideal. When the training is scaled up and when a company has a CDS, the presentation can easily be transformed into a course and additional information can be added.
The main disadvantage of presentations is the lack of interactivity. The lack of feedback on personal progress does not allow the student to experience the full range of emotions from learning. This can provoke slumps in engagement. And instruction with this presentation of information is effective only if its program and technique are simple.
Tilda (assembled in the service "Tilda" longrid).
This is a service for the convenient creation of sites. Due to the ease of producing longreads and their colorfulness, this service is gaining popularity among course developers. Suitable for submitting theoretical materials on any topic.
- just like a presentation, it is created easily and quickly;
- design possibilities are wider: you can insert video, make simple animations and mini-tests for self-testing;
- the result is perceptible, stylish and interactive - it's engaging;
- additional features do not complicate the process of creating a product, in "Tilda" is easy to work without programming skills.
Chat-bots and messengers
- subscription to "Tilda" with the ability to use the most interesting techniques is paid, but not very expensive;
- Instruction in this presentation is effective only if its program and technique are simple, as in presentations
They are suitable for urgent trainings, when it is necessary to inform everybody promptly. For example, when launching a promotion.
It's easy to attach various interactives: animated stickers, videos and surveys. Learning takes place in a comfortable and informal environment.
The main disadvantage - this presentation is not suitable for vast amount of information. Webinar
Suitable for soft skills training and for rapid delivery of information about the company's innovations.
- for someone, information is better perceived aurally from a specific person (especially if you know him or her or if he or she is a good speaker);
- webinar gives the opportunity not only to talk, but also to show some of interactive (slides, your screen), as well as to communicate with the audience;
- organizing a webinar is not difficult and quick.
- full subscription to the webinar service with all features without restrictions is not usually for free;
- prerequisite - all participants must be online at the same time with a good Internet connection.
There are exceptions, if the interaction with the audience is optional and you can watch a recording of the webinar at a convenient time. Podcast
Suitable for teaching soft skills with a full story without visuals (graphs, charts, etc.).
- if employees like podcasts, they will take an interest in such training;
- especially effective training will be provided if some of your employees is, for example, a guest on the podcast;
- stories and experiences of people whom you know and who have authority in a certain sphere evoke greater trust.
More expensive theoretical formats Video
- it's hard for them to stay engaged with the audio material
- it is especially important to have a competent and interesting speaker: intonation, pauses, etc.;
- it may be necessary to spend time and money on speaker training.
Suitable for theory and instruction that will be relevant for a long time to come.
- video is a better option as it's easier to watch than read;
- videos are easier to conceive, and the content is easier to put into your head;
- at the moment, it is the most familiar format for presenting information.
- effective video is quality. It takes money, time and people to create one;
- if the information loses its relevance, you will have to update it, which will incur new costs.
There are exceptions when flaws in a video do not interfere with training. Example, employees quickly watched the video and learned to use the technology, the instructions were quickly filmed on the phone. Animated courses
Suitable for information that doesn't get old for a long time.
- animated course is a great way to present theory in an interesting and informal way, i.e., ensure high learner engagement;
- good course is cheaper than a quality video, because you do not need some costs (eg, studio, equipment).
The main disadvantage - you need to choose the right animation, which can be difficult. Necessary to have a fine sense of the target audience. If the animation does not interest, the course will be treated as a boring working cartoon. Theory + practice SCORM
(a course made in SCORM format)
That is, an online course of different theoretical materials with buttons, transitions, and assignments.
Suitable for presenting theory and practicing.
- ability to add a practical part to the theory, and the theory is presented in an interesting way - with videos and other interactivity;
- it is possible to add a scenario to the course (a person will follow the learning path as the author intends);
- SCORM course can be embedded in almost any learning platform (you can simply transfer courses from one platform to another).
VR and AR
- SCORM course is difficult to create; you need a dedicated team to develop it;
- production is expensive and time-consuming;
- to update the material or fix something, the basis needs a special team and time.
Suitable for training where you need to interact with the work environment (instructions) or get instant feedback (communications).
- training gives you theory, practice, and instant feedback on your actions;
- practice takes place directly in an environment that is as close to working reality as possible, which is very effective.
The main disadvantage is that it seems to be something from the future and tangibly expensive.
Quality training requires practice. SCORM, VR, and AR allow you to give it together with theory.